Arrival and departure
Changeover day is Saturday. On arrival you will need to lodge € 200 with me against breakages.
Arrival: The gîtes are usually cleaned and ready from around 4pm. If this is inconvenient you can arrive earlier and relax by the pool until the preparations are finished. If you are going to be very late I will stay up but please let me know or I will be imagining traffic accidents!
Departure: On the day of departure I need the bedclothes, mats and towels as soon as possible (9am but keep a couple of bath towels for last minute showers) and for the gîte to be cleaned and ready for inspection by midday at the latest. It is actually best to own up to any breakages as they occur so that they can be replaced during your holiday, rather than on the final inspection, when I have to guess at replacement costs.
How much will it cost?
Prices per gîte per week are:
- April and May £350
- June £350
- July £450
- August £450
- September £350
- October £350
If a week goes up to the 5th of the next month then the cost is the second month price. For example if a week fell on the 27 May - 3 June it would be June prices, and the 30 Sept - 7 Oct would be October prices.
Stays longer than one week attract discounts, negotiable and depending on the number of weeks and the season.
Please click below for the availability calendar:
Owner: Fran Ashworth
UK telephone 00 44 (0)1258 817638
France telephone 00 33 (0)5 49 70 09 71
Property address: La Chandurière, 79240, St Paul en Gatine, France
The gîtes are in a rural position with no immediate transport network. To get out and about you need to have a car.
Lots of choice of ferries depending where you live. The shortest drive through France is from St Malo (3.5 hours) but it is the longest ferry trip. The shorter crossings are obviously much cheaper (LD lines often has some very low cost deals) but then you have a much longer drive.
- www.condorferries.co.uk Operates from Poole or Weymouth to St Malo, calling at one or more of the Channel Islands. This means that its duty-free shop really IS duty free so the prices are very low. The high speed ferry takes 5.25 hours.
- www.ldlines.co.uk Operates from Portsmouth to Le Havre, Newhaven to Dieppe
- www.brittany-ferries.co.uk Operates from Portsmouth to St Malo, Cherbourg or Caen, Poole to Cherbourg, Plymouth to Roscoff. St Malo ferry takes 12 hours which is too long for the dog.
- www.poferries.com Operates from Dover to Calais
- www.norfolkline.com Operates from Dover to Dunkirk
- And then of course there is www.eurotunnel.com with its 35 minute crossing from Folkestone to Calais.
- www.flybe.com goes to La Rochelle from Belfast, Birmingham, Dublin, Edinburgh ,Guernsey, Glasgow, Isle of Man, Jersey, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle or Southampton. Once you have collected your hire car it is around an hour's drive.
- www.ryanair.com goes to Poitiers from Stanstead or Edinburgh. Once you have collected your hire car it is around an hour's drive. Or you could fly to Nantes from East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Dublin or Shannon. After that it is a 1.5 hour drive.
- www.tgv.com Use their service to book both the ticket and the hire car. They work with Avis. Or use their Auto-Train service where your car is shipped along as well!
- www.raileurope.co.uk You can book your Eurostar ticket from London to Paris and then your ticket from Paris to Poitiers or Niort on the TGV or an intercity train. You would need to hire a car at the destination. Poitiers is about an hour's drive and Niort is 40 minutes.
- www.rhinocarhire.com – offers competitive rates for car hire in France at all the airports and main railway stations, as well as downtown locations.
We have negotiated a discount on rates, please contact us for more details.
One of the guests in 2011 made a video instead of commenting! To see the film, click here